Studying in Fukuoka
Fukuoka is the biggest city in Kyushu, Japan. Voted number 14 in 2010’s poll of the world’s most liveable cities, Fukuoka is praised for its green spaces in a metropolitan setting. Ask Chika-sensei, and she’d tell you Fukuoka serves the best ramen in Japan.
It is also the birthplace of Ayumi Hamasaki, Ringo Shiina, Chage & Aska, Misia, and Yui.
Seriously, what do they put in those ramen?
These courses are for those who wish to learn Japanese intensively in a short term. Minimum enrolment period is 1 week.
Fee for the first week is 52,920* yen, subsequent weeks 32,400* yen per week.
No Visa is required for Australians.
Work Experience Courses.
Learn daily conversations and immerse in Japanese culture while working in a kindergarten or Language school. The best part? Accommodation and two meals are provided by a Japanese family daily. Minimum enrolment period is 1 month and maximum is 6 months.
Processing fee is 97,200^ yen in total.
– Minimum 18 years old
– Certificate of Good Conduct
– Experiences: Not needed
– Language course: Optional
– English language skills: at least English IELTS 6.0
– Japanese language skills: at least JLPT N4
You can also also combine regular course with work experience course to further improve your Japanese language skill.
*excludes airfare, accommodation, transport and living expenses.
^excludes airfare, transport and living expenses.
Live with a real Japanese family in Japan.
25,000 yen for the first week, 17,500 yen for additional week.
Apartments are the ideal accommodation for young people, who want to come in contact with other students or interns quickly.
25,000 yen for the first week, 12,600 yen for additional week.
Owned by a nice landlady, you will surely enjoy your time here and make a lot of new friends from all over the world. There are comfortable single tatami-rooms in which you can find peace and rest after an exhausting day.
15,000 yen for the first week, 10,500 yen for additional week.
Individual single room apartments with the same quality of hotel rooms.
Most of our flats are located in the business and amusement centre with lots of restaurants, cafes and small shops in the surroundings.
33,000 yen for the first week, 25,900 yen for additional week.
Available. 5,000 yen each way.
How to apply
- Contact Japanese Melbourne and we’ll provide the necessary application forms.
- Complete the forms and provide a copy of your passport and photos.
- Applicants must apply 4 – 8 weeks prior to the opening date of the desired course. The deadline differs depending on nationality.
- Within a week, Japanese Melbourne will provide an invoice upon completion of procedures including accommodation arrangements.
- Pay deposit to Japanese Melbourne.
- Once confirmed with Fukuoka, pay full amount necessary for enrolment into the designated bank account. Remittance charges must be borne by students.
- International travel insurance is required.
- Receive entry permit, receipt, accommodation guide, and other documents.
- Ramen in Fukuoka!