Studying in Kyoto
Formerly the imperial capital of Japan, Kyoto is now the cultural city of temples, good food, the famous vegetables Kyoyasai, and Geishas in training (Maiko-chans!).
The “Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto” (including the Kamo Shrines, Kinkaku-ji, Ginkaku-ji, Kiyomizudera, Nijo Castle and more) are listed by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Respect.
These courses are for those who wish to learn Japanese intensively in a short term. No Visas are required for Australians.
Semesters: 3 month (10 week) semesters
- Spring Semester: April to June
- Summer Semester: June to September
- Fall Semester: October to December
- Winter Semester: January to March
Capacity and class structure
12-20 students per class. Classes are determined by the class structure test and personal interviews.
5 days per week, 20 lessons per week. (1 lesson = 45 minutes)
Morning schedule (9:00 AM to 12:30 AM) or afternoon schedule (1:15 PM to 4:45 PM)
*The prices listed above contain sales tax.
*Please note that, as a general rule, school fees cannot be refunded after payment.
Student Visa Course
The Student Visa Course is for foreign students wishing to proceed to a higher education institution such as a university, a graduate school or a technical school in Japan.
The minimum duration is 6 months, and it’ll cost roughly 414,750 yen a year excluding accommodation and living expenses.
A student visa is compulsory.
An entrance fee of 50,000 yen is required. Rent starts from 24,000 yen/month including utilities.
For group of 6-10 people
Groups of 6 to 10 people can use the reasonably priced accommodation plan available at the Nihongo Center Annex.
The annex features enhanced amenities and a wonderful environment where groups of friends can enjoy a comfortable foreign study experience.
350,500 yen/person for 3 months. Utilities not included.
Dormitories and Homestay
Please directly contact the relevant website for information regarding accommodation introduced on the websites listed below. We do not not act as an intermediary in regards to such accommodation.
How to apply
- Contact Japanese Melbourne and we’ll provide the necessary application forms.
- Complete the forms and provide a copy of your passport and a CV.
- Applicants must apply 4 – 8 weeks prior to the opening date of the desired course. The deadline differs depending on nationality.
- Within a week, Japanese Melbourne will provide an invoice upon completion of procedures including accommodation arrangements.
- Pay deposit to Japanese Melbourne.
- Once confirmed with Kyoto, pay full amount necessary for enrolment into the designated bank account. Remittance charges must be borne by students.
- International travel insurance is required.
- Receive entry permit, receipt, accommodation guide, and other documents.
- Konnichiwa Kyoto!
For more information please contact us at 04 30 103 660 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org